Categories

Saturday 30 January 2016

Never judge the book by its cover!

So it was like this. I went to the book shop (the kind of things I love doing in my limited free time). Although we hardly get English novels here, I feel better when I go there. So, I was just wandering around, minding my own business and suddenly.......suddenly, one book caught my eyes. The cover was really beautiful. I could say if there is love at first sight then I experienced right there in that spot, at that moment but I was well aware about the famous quote 'Don't judge the book by its cover'. I looked at the book and to my surprise, the book also looked at me. Then our eyes met. We both were mesmerized, both of us completely engrossed at each other. I smiled and the book smiled too :O. 

After few minutes or atleast I thought it was few minutes, I approached to that book. 
'Hi'- I said 
'Hi, nice dress'- the book replied. 
'Really?'- I checked myself and said -'You know book, you have a beautiful face. Are you this beautiful inside too?'. 
'Of course! I am newly released and I am going to be in the chart of best selling soon. You love adventure?' the book asked. 
'Yes!' Now I was jumping with excitement. 
'Then I am the best book for you. Buy me, buy me!' 

I quickly picked it up and turned at its back to read what it is about. Read few reviews. It looked very promising and I was already looking forward to it. 

After few days:
'You told me you are good and I will like you'- I screamed.
'No book in the world will say I am bad and you shouldn't buy me'- the book screamed.
'And your language? omg, it is so annoying. You are one of the worse books I have ever read. The writing sucks, the characters suck, the plot sucks, almost everything about you sucks. I am not going to complete you.'
'Well you bought me'- the book was jumping with rage too.
'Just because you promised me you are good. Now, I am going to sell you'- I screamed back.
'Too bad, my reputation is already bad enough. No body will buy me.'- the book was giving me a weird smile. 
'I don't care. Then I will give you to the charity'. 
I was still thinking 'my god that face' while having those arguments. 
'Just don't trust all the books based on reviews. They all say they are good but only few ones are good. Read the prologue and see if that book is the right one for you and more than anything, trust your intuition. Just because you want to read a book doesn't mean you jump into any book. If you do, you have no right to complain.'- the book was calm but firm now.
'Exactly!' I said
'Now, you know I am bad, just find another book, will you?' Book was smiling now. 
'But you wasted my time and money' I was almost crying now.
'Did you forget the famous quote from ''To kill a mockingbird?, You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view. Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.''.  

No comments:

Post a Comment