Categories

Thursday 12 November 2015

The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks

My Review: 3/5

"If we'd never met, I think I would have known that my life wasn't complete. And I would have wandered the world in search of you, even if I didn't know who I was looking for."

Two stories at two different eras! Ira Levinson lived a romantic life after Second World War with a only girl he ever loved, Ruth Levinson. Now, aged 91, he is struggling to live alone since his beloved wife died nine years ago. He seems to remember every single detail of Ruth, even the clothes she was wearing in her twenties, thirties, forties, at every possible age (ok, that was bit too much). On the other side of the town, a new and young couple Luke Collins and Sophia Danko are living their normal lives. Newly in love, Luke and Sophia are struggling to keep up with their love life. The only thing that is common between these four people is what seems to be the climax of the story. One thing that kept me reading is I really wanted to know how these two stories are connected. I must say although I was bored reading 'too much' of their romances, I loved the ending. It was perfect in a way. 

''The night air was turning crisper, giving the stars a crystalline cast. He looked up at them, then over to her, and when her thumb gently began to trace the contours of his hand, he responded to kind. In that instant, he knew with certainty that he was already falling for her and that there was nothing on earth he could do to stop it.''

Most of Nicholas Sparks' books are so romantic that they sometimes become intolerable. Most pages of this book are filled with the description of stars, moon, nights, beauty of other half, sunlight; kind of literature I used to write in my teenage. Now, I feel like I have outgrown it and really need to change the genre. 

Now since I have finished all the books by Nicholas Sparks, I must say the only one that made me cry and will remain forever in my heart is 'Dear John'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment