Categories

Thursday, 17 July 2014

A year since Graduation!


It has been a year since I walked on the stage of Whitworth hall in gown, collected my certificate and walked down the aisle with my graduation hat on. What a day it was! Very emotional too. Four years of hard work had finally paid off and it was time for the celebration of our achievement. Now, I sit down and look back to see where I am exactly a year after that glorious day

I have travelled to new countries, learnt new languages, made many new friends, conquered the challenge of living alone in non-English speaking country, became victim of cultural difference again (I don’t know how many times it will come more) and most importantly, started PhD. I have never been this adventurous in my life before. Life has been good so far. 


I am still in touch with my Manchester friends. We talk about difficult yet beautiful days in Manchester. Uncountable hours in library, exams and coursework stresses. I don’t know why but sometimes I miss that a lot. Those were the days. Once in a while, going out for dinner with friends was like a treat for us. Chem Eng life was difficult but PhD life is even more challenging but what I am happy about is, the minute I walked on the stage to grab my certificate, I had imagined my life in 1 year and 5 years and even 10 years from then. I wasn't sure whether I would be able to give justice to the certificate that was on my hand. Whatever happens, I wanted to see myself doing something productive by this time. Having said that, I am quite glad about where I am and what I am doing now. I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you God!