Categories

Sunday 23 March 2014

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE: West Ham United 0-2 Manchester United

I really wanted to write a post about the match against Olympiacos but couldn't spare a time. Anyway, it was a great come back for United. Who would have thought that they would turn the game like that? Thanks to our goal scoring machine Van Persie.

So back to Premier League! Since United’s living martyrs Van Persie and Valencia are unfit to play, I was concerned about who Moyes was going to pick and how the team will perform without the main striker. 

Today, when I saw the line-up, I was just happy that Moyes didn’t choose Januzaj and Welbeck to replace Van Persie and Valencia. It was time for Kagawa to shine. I had already forgotten he exists in the squad. So, Rooney replaced Van Persie and Mata took over Rooney's place. I must say it’s a great combination because that position was proved to be an effective position for Mata when he played for Chelsea, but Rooney-Van Persie partnership is just too good to let that place go to someone else. Both of them read each other very well and make great connections. To be honest, I didn’t see much of Mata today. I am just waiting for the day when he will score and make United’s investment worth it. Anyway, nothing to worry about, players have other duties to do in the pitch than just scoring. While Fletcher replaced Carrick, he was pushed down to defending position. I really respect Carrick’s all rounding ability. He is just perfect.

As always, Kagawa was very active and showed his great stamina. Fellaini was better than previous games today but sometimes he is just too slow. He takes the ball, holds it and thinks what he needs to do next. I mean, being United’s player, you have to be quick in decision making. I am also bit concerned about Rafael. He just seems to make too many fouls. However, the boys defended very well. Not to forget our great keeper David De Gea. When Rooney scored one of the best EPL goals till date from half way line, David Beckham and Roy Hodgson smiled from the crowd. Beckham was probably telling his son “I did that too” and Hodgson was probably thinking “I want you to repeat that in World Cup”. I am sure fans around the world took long deep breathe and relaxed a bit. Among them was United boss David Moyes. It was again Rooney who scored second goal and secured the victory. Today was totally his show.

Near to the 80th minutes, Chicharito replaced Rooney and Welbeck replaced Mata. I would have liked another goal by Rooney but I was more excited to see Chicharito playing finally. We hardly see him now days. For me, he is one of the most hard working players in Manchester United. When he is in the game, you see him fully focused for 90 minutes. Something I like about him. I also understand Moyes' plan. Since Van Persie might be ruled out for the rest of the season and we don't know how long Valencia will take to recover, we should save Rooney and Mata for future games. 

It was great to watch United scoring and getting valuable 3 points. Boys didn’t show the fear of not having Van Persie in the team but still as a supporter, you get a feeling that had he been there, it would have been more than 2 goals. Anyway, this was Manchester United’s week. Tremendously happy about it :D

It was easy to choose Man of the match today, of course our dear Wazza!

No comments:

Post a Comment